Monday, April 7, 2014

Blog 17

I would like to dig deeper into this information. I wish I would've asked more questions about the traditional pastor's view on women preachers.

G: So can you tell me about your experience with preaching? Is there any examples that you would like to share?
PG: My experiences with preaching have been a journey, one of stretching and growing, a very rewarding journey. Since, I first came to realize the call of servanthood in the capacity of preaching at a young age I had the struggle of growing in life and God at the same time. A challenge in and of itself. One example of a challenging yet rewarding experience was being a young lady newly licensed in ministry and coming in contact with a gentleman that did not “believe” in women preachers. He was very vocal and starch with his opinions, and made no attempt to hide his thoughts. This particular Sunday I am on schedule to deliver that morning’s message. He openly said, “ I did not come here to hear a woman, the Lord said women are to be silent” I immediately started feeling all types of emotions, fear, anger, intimidation to say the least. I remember standing in the pulpit and looking over towards that man and praying that God would just have his way in me. So I shared the message from Ps. 23_ “ Will you be my Entourage” In reference to Grace and Mercy following us all the days of our life. I stayed focused and on target about what my assignment was on that day. I made it through the message at the end of the service this gentleman approached me and said,” I must shake your hand, I don’t have a liking for women preachers but I must say the hand of God is on your life and you preached a very good message today” Those that know this man including his brother was floored. They shared with me that he NEVER compliments a female preacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment