Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blog 16

 The purpose of my study is to observe the growth of the African American church. I initially wanted to give the readers an inside view of gender roles in the church. I thought it would be interesting to see how a female pastor would give witness to gender discrimination.

In doing this research I asked myself so many questions because I grew up in church. I never questioned why the women didn't preach on Sunday mornings.
In conducting this research, I began to ask what questions will you ask?
How will they respond to you?

I feel like the data I have will show people like me, who didn't pay attention to gender roles, more information about it. It will show them how to perceive what they see.
My data will also show them how much the church has actually grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment