Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blog 5

Jottings


  • It was awkward at first talking to my classmates
  • The students waited to see who would come up to them first
  • More likely to talk to their friends, people they had other classes with, and the people they sit next to 
Head-notes

  • I felt more comfortable talking to Florie because I talk to her all the time.
  • I noticed that my classmates were a little shy
  • The students were paying attention to other conversations maybe to see what to say
  • It was different to see my classmates walking to each other to converse during class time
Things I remember

I actually remember the conversation I had with Florie. She was telling me about her trying to find a dress for an important wedding that she was going to attend. She even told me she was married. I was so shocked, but the activity helped me to know her better.
I also remember talking to John about his band.

Field-notes
So Dr. Chandler asked everyone to get up and mingle. At first it seemed everyone was hesitant to talk, but they still got up. I wanted to talk to my neighbors, but I went over to talk to John. I wasn't sure what I wanted to say, but hey it was the assignment. I didn't write much on my paper because I was talking too much, as i always do. After that I went to talk to Sara, she was asking me where I got my iPhone case from. That was pretty cool because I didn't have to think of anything to say. We laughed and giggled and that made it more comfortable for me. I actually have another class with Sara, but I don't talk to her while I'm there. The whole time everyone was collecting data, I saw Dr. Chandler watching how we interacted. After the activity was over it seemed like some students were relieved, but not me because I love to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment